The most advanced router which is available in the market is the Netgear router. A user can simply access the advanced features and settings offered by Netgear router after logging into the router and completing its setup process. You can simply go to www.routerlogin.net to open the Netgear router login page and enter login credentials in the desired fields. But the most important thing that every user must do to keep their up and running is to update its firmware time to time. Netgear router firmware update will not only improve the performance of the router but it will also protect your network from the latest security threats.
If you are not sure how to upgrade Netgear router, you can go through the steps given in this blog. Netgear router release new firmware file to add new features and enhance the security settings. When you enter www.routerlogin.net, you will notice a message flashing on the top of the dashboard stating that a new firmware is available. You need to click on the message to check a new firmware file and to update the router. To know more detailed information on Netgear firmware update, go through the following sections of the blog.
How to update Netgear firmware?
There are two methods available to update the Netgear firmware. One is manually update Netgear router and the other one is using Netgear genie software. Using the automatic method, you will be able to find the most suitable firmware for your router. With the manual method, you will have more control over the updating process.
Method 1: Automated process using Netgear genie
- Connect your computer to the Netgear network and launch a web browser in it and go to routerlogin.net.
- The routerlogin.net will open Netgear router login page which will prompt you to enter username and password.
- After accessing the Netgear router setup wizard, locate the ‘Router Update’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Next’ option to allow the Netgear genie to scan for the new firmware updates. Netgear genie will display a message if new firmware is available.
- Click on the ‘Next’ option followed by ‘Finish’ button to open ‘Netgear web-based administrator panel.
- Now, click on ‘New firmware is available’ located on top of the web-based administrator panel.
- Finally, click on the ‘Yes’ option to continue with the Netgear router firmware update.
- Once the Netgear firmware process is completed, your router will reboot automatically.
Method 2: Manually update Netgear firmware
- At first, you need to visit the Netgear support website and then enter your Netgear router’s model number into the search bar to find its firmware file.
- After downloading the ‘Firmware’ file, navigate to the administration panel of the Netgear router.
- Now, log in to your Netgear router setup wizard using username and password.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and click on the ‘Firmware Update’ option.
- Now, you need to click on the ‘Browse’ option to find the downloaded firmware file.
- After selecting the file, click on the ‘Upload’ option.
- Finally, wait for the Netgear router to reboot.
We hope this blog made clear to you how to update Netgear router. You can use any of the two methods mentioned above for the Netgear router firmware update process. In case, you need more help to update the Netgear router, you can reach to our technical experts by calling them on their toll-free number.